Featured Book Lists
Setting up an inviting space for your students can be as simple as a couple pillows on the floor and a box of books! Here are some of my top tips to ensure your space is ready for little readers.
- Keep a good range of age appropriate books for your students. Nothing to easy or to hard.
- Change out your books regularly. I like to keep with my themed units throughout the year and within the season.
- Don’t leave out ALL of your books! It can be overwhelming.
- Organize your books by reading level to help your students find the books that are appropriate for their reading level.
- Ask parents to donate books instead of giving gifts.
- Keep a catalog of your books.
- Write your name or add a stamp to your books so they don’t walk off.
- Allow time throughout your day for open reading as much as possible.
- Ask students to reach aloud to each other!
- Choose flexible seating that is appropriate for your little learners.
If you are felling overwhelmed in your new reading area, take a look at the themed book lists below. It’s a great way to order books from the library or on Amazon to keep a fresh set of age appropriate books on hand.
If there are any book lists you would like to see here, Contact me and I would be happy to make it for you.