Engage your class in an exciting hands on science curriculum learning all about bats! This is a comprehensive animal study to add to your science unit for Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade classrooms. It’s packed full of inviting science activities all about bats.
Students will learn about the difference between bats and birds, nocturnal and diurnal animals, the parts of a bat, and a bat’s life cycle. When students are done, they can complete a bat research project. This week long bat science lesson is great for homeschool, kids craft activities, and to add to your science unit studies!
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE . There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside You Will Find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Definition Posters – 6 pages
- Bats and Birds Venn Diagram Anchor Chart Pieces – 2 pages
- Bats and Birds PowerPoint – 8 pages
- Bats and Birds Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 8 pages
- Bats and Birds Writing – 1 page
- Bats PowerPoint – 10 pages
- Bats Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 10 pages
- Life Cycle of a Bat – 7 pages
- Nocturnal and Diurnal Posters – 2 pages
- Nocturnal and Diurnal Sort (with real animal pictures) – 7 pages
- Nocturnal and Diurnal Worksheet – 1 page
- Parts of a Bat Poster – 1 page
- Parts of a Bat Worksheet – 2 pages
- Bat Fact Book (2 versions included) – 3 pages
- Bat Craft/Bat Research Project Craftivity – 3 pages
Activities are aligned to Kindergarten and First Grade Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and are meant to be used in any Kindergarten or First Grade classroom.
NGSS: K-ESS3.A, K-LS1.C, 1-LS1.A, 1-LS1.B, 1-LS1.D, 1-LS3.A, 1-LS3.D
CCSS: RI.K.1, W.K.7, SL.K.3
TEKS: K112.11.b.9, 1-112.12.a.4.d
OAS: K-LS1-1, K-ESS2-2, 1-LS1-1, 1-LS1-2