Engage your class in an exciting hands-on experience learning all about animal adaptations! This resource is perfect for science in Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade classrooms and packed full of inviting science activities.
Students will learn about what animal adaptations are and the two different kinds of adaptations. They will walk through six different habitats and discuss what adaptations those animals have to help them survive in their environment. There are also science journal worksheets, a blubber experiment, and flip book to review everything they have learned about how animals adapt to where they live. This pack is great for homeschoolers, kids craft activities, and to add to your unit studies!
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE . There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside You Will Find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Introduction to Animal Adaptations PowerPoint – 7 pages
- Introduction to Animal Adaptations Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 7 pages
- Adaptation Example Posters – 12 pages
- Animal Adaptations Worksheet – 2 pages (1 single pages and 1 2 per page)
- Animal Adaptations Through the Habitats PowerPoint – 45 pages
- Animal Adaptations Through the Habitats Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 45 pages
- Habitats and Animal Adaptation Worksheets – 4 pages (2 single pages and 2 2 per page)
- Animal Adaptations Flip Book – 2 pages
- Blubber Experiment – 3 pages
- Animal Adaptation Games – 1 page
- Amazing Adaptations Worksheet – 2 pages
- Science Journal Worksheets – 4 pages
Activities are aligned to Kindergarten and First Grade Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and are meant to be used in any Kindergarten or First Grade classroom.
NGSS: 1-LS1.A, 1-LS1.B, 1-LS1.D, 1-LS3.A, 1-LS3.D
CCSS: RI.K.1, W.K.7, SL.K.3
TEKS: K112.11.b.9, 1-112.12.a.4.d
OAS: K-ESS2-2, 1-LS1-1, 1-LS1-2