Animal Adaptations (PowerPoint, Posters, Worksheets, and More)
Engage your class in an exciting hands-on experience learning all about animal adaptations! This resource is packed full of inviting science activities and perfect for science in Preschool, Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade classrooms.
Students will learn about what animal adaptations are and the two different kinds of adaptations. They will walk through six different habitats and discuss what adaptations those animals have to help them survive in their environment. There are also science journal worksheets, a blubber experiment, and flip book to review everything they have learned about how animals adapt to where they live. This pack is great for homeschoolers, kids craft activities, and to add to your unit studies!
- Hands-on experience
- Life Science
- Animal Science
- Animal Adaptations
- Different Types of Adaptations
- Blubber Science Experiment
- Science Journal Worksheets
- Complete Unit Study
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE . There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside you will find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Introduction to Animal Adaptations PowerPoint – 7 pages
- Introduction to Animal Adaptations Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 7 pages
- Adaptation Example Posters – 12 pages
- Animal Adaptations Worksheet – 2 pages (1 single pages and 1 2 per page)
- Animal Adaptations Through the Habitats PowerPoint – 45 pages
- Animal Adaptations Through the Habitats Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 45 pages
- Habitats and Animal Adaptation Worksheets – 4 pages (2 single pages and 2 2 per page)
- Animal Adaptions Flip Book – 2 pages
- Blubber Experiment – 3 pages
- Animal Adaptation Games – 1 page
- Amazing Adaptations Worksheet – 2 pages
- Science Journal Worksheets – 4 pages
Activities are aligned to Kindergarten and First Grade Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and are meant to be used in any Kindergarten or First Grade classroom.
NGSS: 1-LS1.A, 1-LS1.B, 1-LS1.D, 1-LS3.A, 1-LS3.D
CCSS: RI.K.1, W.K.7, SL.K.3
TEKS: K112.11.b.9, 1-112.12.a.4.d
OAS: K-ESS2-2, 1-LS1-1, 1-LS1-2
Thank you for taking the time to look at Animal Adaptations (PowerPoint, Posters, Worksheets, and More)!
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I will help you! You can contact me here. We’re kinda big on customer service around here. We’ve got your back.
Create an account in our Woo Store for free and get updates and unlimited access to the products you purchase.
Creating an account is totally worth the few seconds it’ll take you:
- You can redownload your purchases as many times as you want…we have no restrictions! If your computer crashes and you lose your hard drive, you always have access to everything you purchased here. To sign in to your account, click here.
- You will get notifications when we update our products and add to our growing bundles via our newsletter emails.
- You will also earn points you can use towards future products:
- For every dollar you spend in my store, you get a point.
- Points can then get traded in for discounts when you shop: 100 points = $1 off your next purchase.
- And, if you leave a review for a product you recently purchased, you earn an extra 100 points!
- One review = $1 saved on your next purchase. Two reviews = $2 saved on your next purchase and so on
- Plus, you’ll be helping out your fellow teachers… when teachers read other teachers’ opinions about products, it will give them valuable insight to help them decide if the resource will be a good fit for their students.