Chickens: An Animal Study
Engage your class in an exciting hands-on experience learning all about chickens! Chickens: An Animal Study is perfect for science in Preschool, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade classrooms and packed full of inviting science activities.
Students will learn about the difference between chickens and ducks, oviparous and non-oviparous animals, parts of a chicken, and a chicken’s life cycle. When students are done they can complete a chicken research project. Chickens: An Animal Study is great for homeschoolers, kids craft activities, and to add to your unit studies!
- Hands-on Materials
- Week-long Lesson Plans Included
- Animal Science – Chickens and Ducks
- Life Science – Chickens and Ducks
- Differentiation between oviparous and non-oviparous animals
- Learn about a chicken’s life cycle
- Research Project
- Complete Animal Unit Study
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE . There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside you will find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Definition Posters – 12 pages
- Chickens and Ducks Venn Diagram Anchor Chart Pieces – 2 pages
- Chickens and Ducks PowerPoint – 11 pages
- Chickens and Ducks Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 11 pages
- Chickens and Ducks Writing and Venn Diagram – 2 pages
- Chickens PowerPoint – 16 pages
- Chickens Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 16 pages
- Life Cycle of a Chicken – 12 pages
- Oviparous and Non-oviparous (with real animal pictures) – 7 pages
- Oviparous or Not Worksheet – 1 page
- Parts of a Chicken Poster – 1 page
- Parts of a Chicken Worksheet – 2 pages
- Chicken Fact Book (2 versions included) – 3 pages
- Chicken Research Project Craftivity – 3 pages
Activities are aligned to Kindergarten and First Grade Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and are meant to be used in any Kindergarten or First Grade classroom.
- NGSS: K-ESS3.A, K-LS1.C, 1-LS1.A, 1-LS1.B, 1-LS1.D, 1-LS3.A, 1-LS3.D
- CCSS: RI.K.1, W.K.7, SL.K.3
- TEKS: K112.11.b.9, 1-112.12.a.4.d
- OAS: K-LS1-1, K-ESS2-2, 1-LS1-1, 1-LS1-2
Want even more info on this product?
Click this post, for a more detailed explanation of all of the activities in the pack. All the directions and details are there for you so you know exactly what you’re purchasing for your little learners!
Thank you for taking the time to look at Chickens: An Animal Study!
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I will help you! You can contact me here. We’re kinda big on customer service around here. We’ve got your back.
Create an account in our Woo Store for free and get updates and unlimited access to the products you purchase.
Creating an account is totally worth the few seconds it’ll take you:
- You can redownload your purchases as many times as you want…we have no restrictions! If your computer crashes and you lose your hard drive, you always have access to everything you purchased here.
- You will get notifications when we update our products and add to our growing bundles via our newsletter emails.
- You will also earn points you can use towards future products:
- For every dollar you spend in my store, you get a point.
- Points can then get traded in for discounts when you shop: 100 points = $1 off your next purchase.
- And, if you leave a review for a product you recently purchased, you earn an extra 100 points!
- One review = $1 saved on your next purchase. Two reviews = $2 saved on your next purchase and so on
- Plus, you’ll be helping out your fellow teachers… when teachers read other teachers’ opinions about products, it will give them valuable insight to help them decide if the resource will be a good fit for their students.