Engage your class in an exciting hands-on experience learning all about beavers! This Beaver Animal Study is perfect for science in Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade classrooms and packed full of inviting science activities.
Students will learn about the difference between beavers and otters, learning about animals that are rodents and not, parts of a beaver, and a beaver’s life cycle. When students are done they can complete a beaver research project. This pack is great for homeschoolers, kids craft activities, and to add to your unit studies!
Buy our ENDLESS KINDERGARTEN SCIENCE BUNDLE . There are over 70 science topics covered. BUY NOW and SAVE.
Inside You Will Find:
- Science Lesson Plans for the week
- Definition Posters – 9 pages
- Beavers and Otters Venn Diagram Anchor Chart Pieces – 2 pages
- Beavers and Otters PowerPoint – 13 pages
- Beavers and Otters Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 13 pages
- Beavers and Otters Writing and Venn Diagram Worksheet – 3 pages
- Beavers PowerPoint – 23 pages
- Beavers Posters (exact same as PowerPoint above) – 23 pages
- Beaver Can Have Are –2 pages
- Am I a Rodent? (with real animal pictures) – 7 pages
- Am I a Rodent? Worksheet – 1 page
- Parts of a Beaver Poster – 1 page
- Parts of a Beaver Worksheet – 2 pages
- Beaver Fact Book (2 versions included) – 3 pages
- Beaver Research Project Craftivity – 3 pages
Activities are aligned to Kindergarten and First Grade Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS), Common Core (CCSS), Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) and Oklahoma Academic Standards (OAS) and are meant to be used in any Kindergarten or First Grade classroom.
NGSS: K-ESS3.A, K-LS1.C, 1-LS1.A, 1-LS1.B, 1-LS1.D, 1-LS3.A, 1-LS3.D
CCSS: RI.K.1, W.K.7, SL.K.3
TEKS: K112.11.b.9, 1-112.12.a.4.d
OAS: K-LS1-1, K-ESS2-2, 1-LS1-1, 1-LS1-2